lunes, 24 de marzo de 2014

jspspemu

Although probably I will improve cspspemu in parallel with fixes from this one, I have started a javascript psp emulator:

You can find it here. It cannot run commercial games yet:
http://soywiz.github.io/jspspemu/2014-03-24/

If anyone want to help, here is the opensource project:
https://github.com/soywiz/jspspemu

jueves, 15 de agosto de 2013

Release : Soywiz's Psp Emulator 2013-08-15 (r555)

  • Improved sasCore so games using it now reproduce notes better
  • Improved linux/mono speed a lot (there was a bug in the code generation that made function calls 100x slower)
  • Improved rendering speed. Now 3d games should be faster.
    • Skinning in hardware
    • Batch primitive join
    • Separated component uploading
  • Fixes on VFPU so Vallhala Knights is now showing skinned characters (still have some issues)
  • A CWCheat form editor.
  • Apply HQ2X to textures
  • View and edit textures with the new texture editor (it generates a .texmap file linked to the executable folder so it will be loaded each time) and you can customize or improve textures.
  • Added SMAA fullscreen antialiasing.

sábado, 27 de julio de 2013

Release : Soywiz's Psp Emulator 2013-07-28 (r525)

 

New version of the emulator.

sábado, 1 de diciembre de 2012

About pspautotests project

Forgot to write about this last time. I created mid last year a project called "pspautotests". I created it to be able to automatically test features on all psp emulators. I initially implemented it in my emulator, then I ported it to jpcsp. With the developement of the new awesome project ppsspp that started using that project, the work on that project have been increased a lot; lots of new tests, fixed stuff and a new system for the output.
The project have been moved to github: https://github.com/hrydgard/pspautotests/ and anyone can commit new tests.

Since cspspemu, jpcsp and ppsspp emulators are using this project, all the improvements here, will yield in better emulator implementations.

I dropped lot of compatibility with my last changes as I said. I think it was a necessary step-back that will improve speed in next releases and even more in the future when implemented more AST optimizations, that will be a good thing specially when ported to mobile devices. The good thing is that with pspautotests project improving a lot, any regressions introduced with new features or step-backs will be much easyly detected and will be fixed faster.

I want to thank Hrydgard to decide using pspautotests. Thanks!

viernes, 30 de noviembre de 2012

More WIP work

I continued the emulator lately. I decided to do a step back and try to rework on the cpu compiler and create a opengl|es plugin in order to be able to port the emulator to mobile devices supporting mono.
So actually the emulator now has less compatibility at this point until I complete/redo some stuff.
I decided to change the way I'm compiling functions to a new way AST-based that will allow simpler+safer micro optimizations. Also it will make code generation simpler and easier to maintain. It will allow to output the AST as C#-like code so you can see what's going on.


I have added a new window that allows you to see compiled functions in several formats (C#-Like, AST, IL, MIPS):


Newer versions will require .NET 4.5. So you won't be able to use it on Windows XP unless you are using mono >= 3.0. Also the new gpu plugin is a OPENGL|ES 2. On windows it will use the angle project. On linux it will use opengl, and on mobile devices it will use the native opengl|es implementation.

On the other hand, lioncash has performed lots of refactorings/cleanups/documentation furthermore to translating the emulator to japanese. Thanks a lot!

lunes, 9 de julio de 2012

Still alive and a new contributor

The pace of the development slowed down last month. (I didn't have too much time lately). I want to resume my work soon, maybe in a couple of weeks or maybe in my spare time sooner.

About three days ago SsJVasto offered to contribute to the project. So now we are three people on the project: SsJVasto, archanox and me. Due to the free limitations of bitbucket, we decided to continue the work directly on github, and maybe we will change the name of the emulator when we have settled a new name (with collaborators "soywiz's psp emulator" doesn't have much much sense anymore).


I will continue with ILCC until I get ffmpeg compiling directly into .NET in a really portable fashion without wrappers, then I will hook it into the emulator and then I will continue working on the emulator :)

And that's the current status.